Linking your Static Object account to Jira allows you to click directly from code to the issue that code is implementing. It also allows you to see which Jiras a developer was working on at any point during the past year. Linking the account usually takes about 5-10 minutes. Here are the steps.
Connect an Application Link to Static Object
Before we continue, we need you to make a small change to your JIRA settings. This should only take a few moments. Make sure you are logged in as an admin for your JIRA before continuing.
- Visit your JIRA's "Application Links" page
- Enter staticobject.com in the address bar up top and click Create new link.
- In the window that pops up:
- Check "Use this URL"
- Click Continue.
- In the menu that subsequently pops up:
- Enter "Static Object" as the application name
- Make sure "Create incoming link" is checked at the bottom
- Leave the rest of the fields blank.
- Click continue
- On the next screen:
- Enter "StaticObject" as the consumer key and consumer name.
- At the bottom of the form, paste in the following as the public key:
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDDRhIOEZogJ2RgNm3M+Ux5vlWv EqxADqYKGOTjFZf0uJRpwWbpcOdJftPElgGE6B2F86SIAvSnQiXj030EiAFHkr43 FcEocncyTHgPU92E4Bhrlw5IPM8FpY7N1hyDLNEdC80q8FidEVNHCXO+HbgSiFRJ 4+/z4GzVqZwm1F/nRwIDAQAB
- Click Continue
- It will process for a few moments. Once completed, Static Object should be linked to your JIRA domain.
After you've completed these steps, you'll be provided a link to finish connecting Static Object with your JIRA account. Click that and you're good to go, congratulations!